3-DAY EDUCATORS WORKSHOP
August 14 – 16, 2018
The Cottonwood School of Civics and Science is pleased to offer a 3-day workshop to prepare educators to teach the middle school curriculum “Civil Rights and Civil Wrongs: A History of Portland’s Black Community.”
The workshop includes:
- Hands-on experience with lessons, led by the curriculum’s authors
- Training on culturally responsive teaching practices
- Access to historical and current primary and secondary sources
- Free copy of the curriculum plus many more valuable resources to take into the classroom
This 3-day workshop will take place August 14-16, 2018 at the Cottonwood School in the South Waterfront neighborhood of Portland – 0640 SW Bancroft St, Portland, OR 97239.
Workshop leaders include:
- Lisa Colombo – 6th Grade Teacher, the Cottonwood School of Civics and Science
- Sarah Anderson – Field Work and Place-based Coordinator, the Cottonwood School of Civics and Science
- Joyce Harris – Consultant, Cato and Associates
- Kendra Hughes – Social Justice Consultant
- Victor Cato – Principal Consultant, Cato and Associates
This workshop is free and open to all interested educators. More information regarding logistics, lunch etc. will become available closer to the workshop dates.